our recommendations for the salone del mobile
As part of its commitment to sharing information about creative textiles, Trend Tablet is pleased to present its selection of several exhibitions taking place in Milan during April 2012’s Salone Internazionale del Mobile.
This year, designers continue to explore the tactile and inspiring use of textiles. Some highlights include:
– The Romantic Rubelli Room, Lidewij Edelkoort’s selection of contemporary design using Rubelli textiles at Spazio Rossana Orlandi.
– Hair and Skin Human and Animal, Me and the Black Sheep, by Gruppo di Installazione in Ventura Lambrate.
– Rodrigo Almeida’s first solo show, at Galleria d’Arte il Costello.
– Nodus presenting rugs by Studio Job, estudio Campana and Kiki van Eijk as well as 10 new vegetable colours in their Himalayan Collection by Bartoli Design.
– Kvadrat presenting new work by Bless and Katrin Greiling.
– Vitra presenting a limited edition of Hella Jongerius’ Polder Sofa using Maharam textiles.